Monday, June 2, 2008

Farewell Werewolves

This is a bit late like most of my post will be but worthy of note. The last four years, I've striven so hard to be as good a soldier as the men that surrounded me. I will never be as brave or true as some of them. Two weeks ago they had a farewell lunch for me and, as it turns out, they thought I was pretty swell too. They made this great parting gift for me. I was so honored by the things it says. I can only hope they all know how I feel about them.


Jeremy Averett and Emanuel "Manny" Vero were two of my best friends in the unit. If the bullets are flying and you can hear Manny's voice, you can know in your heart that he is going to take you home. I'll miss you Manny. Bring them home again.

Jeremy, you are the friend that everyone loves to have. Genuine, caring and loyal to the end. I don't know if I'll ever lead an air assault again but if I do, I want you next to me.

Jeremy, Manny, and Me



The Werewolves will be returning to the desert in about a year. I will pray for you all.

Godspeed

2 comments:

Summer said...

I wish I could read everything that plaque says. What an honor to know (of)you through Adam. We will continue to pray for those faithfully serving our country.

barlows said...

That's awesome! I'm sure it'll hang with honor in your new house and then you can post pics of your new place :)